I've named the clusters of dots, like constellations, to help me make more sense of them:
- Heart and Spiral - my songwriting, performing and recording activities
- Sacred Shards - pottery work and sales
- Effusive Muse Publishing - my writing project and workshop development
- Sound Krayons Music - the teaching studio, vocal and songwriting workshops
- Keys for a Cause - social activism (related to our non-profit LUNCH, Local United Network to Combat Hunger)
- Gaia Luna - the garden that's more than a garden
Then there are the dots that are just splashes of me, that don't necessarily fit in anywhere.Constellations, all, clusters of light in the sky over my head, for navigation, telling of meaning and stories, connected through imagination, through action. Right now, though, mostly just dots, disjointed fragments of accomplishment and infrastructure.
How about this? DOTs: Disjointed Organizational Tools
Sounds so corporate.
Sometimes, if I let myself become distracted by a troublesome person, I find I've connected with dots that don't belong to me.
In the past I would let these things hang in isolation in my mind, not allowing myself to see a pattern and it's impact on me. This takes it's toll. I'll never know how many hours, how many days I've lost with thoughtless words and actions reverberating in my head.
I've begun to see the ways I've allowed other people's dots to become part of my design. I've started to recognize where I've drawn lines connecting with their dots instead of my own.
Seeing this, I can choose when to use my eraser and make changes.
I hope I am better equipped to consciously choose to connect, or not, in the future.
My dots. Their dots.
My job in this life is to own my dots, to add some of my own choosing, to draw in the lines that transform dots into meaningful pictures, then use them to navigate toward my destination, whatever that turns out to be.
(c)2007 Kay Pere ~ Effusive Muse Publishing