Late night cravings are the fairy-godmothers of inventive cooking.
I went to the grocery store this evening in search of blackberry* something-or-other to bake and found nothing prefab in either the freezer or bakery sections. Here's what I came up with:
TINY BLACKBERRY TARTS
[preheat oven or toaster oven to 350F]
- 1 box frozen mini fillo shells
- 1 bag frozen blackberries
- 1 jar blackberry jam
1) Spoon a enough blackberry jam into each mini fillo shell to fill it about half way.
2) Nestle as many frozen blackberries as will fit (2-3) in each partially jam filled shell.
3) Bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes, or until berries and jam are hot and bubbly.
No matter how tasty they look, it's best to let them cool slightly before taking a bite.
Right out of the oven, the juice in the tarts is very hot. It may burn your fingers or tongue if you get impatient and try to eat one too soon. Trust me, I know.
(*NOT the electronic device)
©2007 Kay Pere ~ Effusive Muse Publishing
Best Eats in Grenoble, From a Local
5 days ago