Tuesday, June 09, 2009

BOOKS: Library Sale Revisited

Thinking that everything was half price all week at the library's used book sale, I went again yesterday and loaded my arms with an interesting assortment of volumes.

When I reached the front table to pay and discovered that the 50% off prices wouldn't kick in until Thursday and Friday, I didn't have the strength to return my selections to the jumbled piles where I might never see them again.  Once in my arms I couldn't release them.

"It's for a good cause," the volunteer at the check-out table assured me, smiling.

So here's what followed me home yesterday:
Not saying how much I spend.  It was less than $20, but still I'm a little embarrassed.

I suppose I shouldn't be--it was far less even than if I'd purchased them used on Amazon.  I stayed within the budget I'd set for myself in anticipation of this annual opportunity to stock up on reading material.

I'll admit it.  I'm a book addict.  I'll probably go back for the $5 bag-full-o-books sale on Saturday.

In the meantime I've got to find space on our shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment