Thursday, January 01, 2009

Little New Year's Things 2009

Happy New Year to all!

Here are a few ways I've marked the ringing out of the old year, ringing in of the new:
  • In anticipation of Spring, the first seed catalogs began to arrive on Tuesday.  I've started marking things I'd like to grow this year.
  • A blanket of snow wrapped up the end of 2008, falling all day.  We worked together to keep the woodstove going.
  • Baked apple brownies and oatmeal raisin cookies while the snow fell
  • Continued with the studio reorganization
  • Took time to reflection together about the best parts of 2008 and things to look forward to in 2009
  • Celebrated with a toast of locally grown sparkling cider and a SciFi movie night at home

2 comments:

  1. Ooh kay any chance of posting the recipe for apple brownnies sounds delish !

    mary
    www.creativevoyage.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure will, but then I'll have to make another batch so I can take a picture. Now I've got a really good excuse for making more.

    ReplyDelete