(All quantities are approximate. This was made up on-the-spot yesterday with the food on hand.)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast meat*, chopped
- 1 cup crisp red apple with skin, 1/2 inch dice
- 1/4 cup pinenuts
- 1/4-1/2 tsp garam masala seasoning** (or curry powder)
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip or mayo (I would have used plain yogurt if I'd had any)
- juice of one small keylime
Very tasty between pieces of fresh baked bread with sprouts instead of lettuce, but feel free to improvise. I sure did!
This recipe is "Husband Approved" by one who prefers plain and simple, not exotic foods. I was careful to prepare expectations by saying just before the first bite, "Think Disney World African Buffet," (aka Boma) which he had enjoyed on our recent vacation. No sprouts on his sandwich, though. And the "it was good" response was quickly followed by a qualifier that the fresh-baked bread was the best part. Still, not a scrap remained on the plate.
*Chicken leftovers cooked earlier in the week, marinated before cooking in: balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic powder, lemon juice and zest, ground black pepper and who-knows-what else.
**Mine came from a bulk bin at our neighborhood health food store.